There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
I saw a post on Facebook today that said, “The struggle is part of The Story.”
I have been thinking about my story, because I shared part of it last week at MomsConnect for part of our March meeting. I was part of a panel of women. We shared about a time in our lives when God worked in the midst of hardship.
We all have a story to share.
You might wonder why it is important to share your own story. Here are some thoughts:
5 Reasons To Share Your Story
- There is a silver lining in your story. No matter what horrific event you have been through, there is a way to see God bringing good out of it.
- God wants to use your story to help you help others. There are other people out there who are going through similar circumstances. They need you to share your story.
- Your story can bring hope to the brokenhearted and those crushed in spirit from life’s trials.
- Sharing your story reminds you and others of God’s faithfulness. In the midst of the hardships, we are tempted to forget the blessings. Francesca Battistelli sings, “In the middle of my little mess I forget how big I’m blessed….”
- Sharing your story encourages others to share their story. Being real with others will have a ripple effect and inspire transparency in others.
“I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.” Psalm 40: 1-3